FREE DELIVERY on orders order $100
Korma & Smashed Garlic Pita’s
Nothing warms the belly like a good curry!
Here we combine the convenience of one of our top selling Passage to India products with adapting GF pita breads to fill the gap left by roti.
This can be made with your meat preference or vegetables and which ever way you choose, you will not be disappointed!
For the Korma
- 1 Packet of Passage to India Korma simmer sauce
- 1 kg or preferred meat or vegetables
- 2 cups of basmati rice
- 150ml of natural yogurt (optional)
For the Crispy Garlic Pita Toasts
- 2 to 3 pita breads
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 to 4 cloves of garlic, smashed
- Kosher salt
- Fresh pepper
1. Seal meat or vegetables in a hot, oiled saucepan
2. Add the Passage to India simmer sauce
3. Turn down the heat to low and simmer until meat or vegetables are tender (20 minutes for vegetables or chicken, longer for red meats.
4. Serve with steamed basmati rice
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Cut the pita breads into quarters.
2. Brush pita breads with olive oil, then rub them vigorously with the smashed garlic cloves. Sprinkle the bread with salt, pepper and a bit of paprika for color.
3. Place the pita bread on a baking sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until the bread is nice and crispy.
4. Serve garlic pita's whole or broken into pieces